The Humble Mushroom…

The Humble Mushroom…

And so down the rathole I went, googling “Pacific Northwest Mushrooms”.  After spending a humbling hour or so learning how much I don’t know about mushrooms, and how dangerous having only a little information can be, I am fairly certain that most of the mushrooms growing on our property are either (best case) inedible or worst case very poisonous.  Lovely…  Sigh… well, at least we don’t have any poisonous snakes out here so I suppose I can live with some unfriendly ‘shrooms :-)…

In any case, these mushrooms are beautiful in their  own way, and since they seem to bloom and go away fairly quickly as the temperature consistently drops to under 55 degrees, I thought I share some images with you.  Enjoy!

This Post Has 2 Comments

  1. Kate Cooper

    Bet there are King Boletes in there!

Leave a Reply